The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests during check in, throughout their stay, and at check out, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
90% Guest related issues - arrival, departures, reservations, discrepancies, disputes, multitasking, and ability to communicate with internal and external customers by phone.
10% Reports (complete and review credit card charges, room rates, special req. promotional packages, record all guests’ issues at the staff notes
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes necessity
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guest
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
- Experience working as front desk agent or in a hotel
- Fluent English - verbal and writing
- Communication skills
- Computer knowledge