Responsible for various stations in the kitchen. Will work in a fast-paced environment preparing quality meals for guests of the hotel and/or restaurant(s). Qualified candidates will at least 3 years experience working in a line cook position. Must be available to work assigned shift(s) and be flexible to work various days including weekends and holidays.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Control quality and consistency of all food served
- Insure that station or relevant prep list is set in a timely manner
- Insure all supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply before service
- Assist in controlling food cost
- Handle and store food properly and safely
- Demonstrate safe and competent use of all tools: knives, pots, pans, stoves, ovens, grills, slicers, steamers, etc
- Demonstrate knowledge of all basic cooking techniques: sauté, braise, poach, grill, poele, fry, steam, etc.
- Communicate with the chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination
- Interact professionally and effectively with other line cooks to achieve team objectives